Monday, November 05, 2007

Domestics...

What with the pace of life lately and finally having a day to myself here it was time for some serious cleaning. The last couple of weeks have been an ongoing rotation of work, change of clothes, cook if I have time & eat, go back out, come home & sleep and get up to do it over again. This morning was spent with Mom getting her to an appointment and doing a bit of shopping but this afternoon....chores. Sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, raking my small yard, cooking and doing up loads of dishes. Managed to have it all done with time to spare and make it to my home group meeting early to set up. It was a good one tonight with lots of participants.

A few of us hung around afterward in the hall and talked. My 'no longer relapsing' friend, another of my sponsees and his wife - we're all members of the same group. We had moved the discussion outside and I'd have stuck around longer but there was a cold rain falling. I was good for about 15 minutes of that before I'd had enough. This sponsee and his wife have had a rough time since the spring - not marital or sobriety related; just a bunch of negative life circumstance happening. He just called asking to get together Thursday or Friday afternoon. No problem. Time to back up a bit, review in order to renew and plug into the positives.

Oh yeah, 'no longer' and I squeezed in an hour long shift workers meeting at lunchtime, too. That particular meeting was where I made my 'debut' in 'the rooms' a little over 5 years ago - there were a few of those same people there today and some comments were made about the shape I was in back then. Not pretty. Change is good and it's nice occasionally to have those changes pointed out because they aren't always apparent to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home