Saturday, January 12, 2008

Self Care

During a conversation the other day with my boss John, the house manager, he referred to how I'd been driving myself lately and how I needed to be mindful to take care of myself - take some downtime, get some rest, ensure I eat properly, have some fun..... 'Yes John, I know, ... I will.'

Turns out there was something to what he had to say..... I woke today sick with a cold (slightly), have medicated myself appropriately and am looking forward to a couple of light days basically lazing around recuperating. Sounds like a good plan; we'll have to see how that works out.

I've spent some time today cleaning my place, sorting through a bunch of papers, hooking up my printer and getting my DVD player working again. David Gilmour's 'Remember That Night' DVD is playing now - love it!!

Tonight I'll either join up with Lynda for the evening or go to a meeting; I need a speaker for Monday night when I chair. The last couple of times Lynda and I have been together we've talked about where we are to live - the house (her place now), or my place (the townhouse), or sell them both and find something that suits us both better. Bloody amazing changes going on. I really haven't had time to consider all this as much as I'd like.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

living in recovery is grand, I loved hearing about the decision you have to make re: where to live, what a good quality problem to have

7:59 AM, January 14, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Hiya Kazi - nice to make your aquaintance; thanks for stopping by.
It's definitely been a year of growth and applying the principles on a daily basis. The primary thing I've tried to do is maintain a consistent message to Lynda throughout - that my feelings haven't changed.
There is of course a basis for how she came to feel but we made a lot of big decisions too fast. Things are coming back together.

1:28 PM, January 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home