Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Spankin' New Year

Just like a shiny new penny waiting to be spent in any way you wish.

Last night was a feel good experience at work after I'd cautioned the guys in treatment about how emotionally loaded an evening they were headed into. They made their calls early after returning to the residence from their meeting.....and then let it go. Many were in bed early - about 10 heralded the new year watching TV coverage from Toronto, New York and around the world. No incidents; unlike last year.

Sarah called from Vancouver to say they'd all come down with the flu upon their return, one after the other with Zeph getting it last. They were celebrating quietly. I had taken them to the airport last Friday and I was doing really well until it was time for them to go through the boarding gate - then I choked up and the tears started to roll. 'Mommy, why is that man crying?' "I think he's happy and sad at the same time, honey." Walking back to the van wiping tears from my face wondering if I can wait until Sarah and Daniel's wedding in June to see Zeph again. Dunno about that.

I've been lying in the living room resting since I got off work listening to the Eagles new release - Long Road Out Of Eden; Linda Ronstadt's - A Merry Little Christmas; and B.B. King's - Deuces Wild - duet collection. They're all filled with inspired playing, arrangements and singing. I had an email from cousin BJ about the importance of music and other small pleasures as ways of sustaining ourselves. Too true! Self-care is under-rated but all too important. I was also on the receiving end of a gift from a very talented blog-friend whose work I had admired - it's arrival coincided with Xmas although not intended as an Xmas gift. Blessings of kindness and friendship continue to flow my way.

It's time to stop being lazy, get cleaned up and head over for dinner with Lynda. We talked last evening and again this morning, wishing one another a better year this year - together. Our anniversary is coming up in April and this will mark our 10th year married; how does one handle this one?? Ignore the events of this past year?? Once again, I dunno. "Don't anticipate - wait and see. Go with how you feel." It'll work out the way in which it is supposed to.

Gotta go -- later.......

**update** Wed.'s offering from 'Higher Awareness' brings this quote - "It is not my business to think about myself. My business is to think about God. It is for God to think about me."
Simone Weil

If I tune in I get the answers I'm looking for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're sounding good, Norm. :)

9:30 PM, January 02, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Feelin' good too, Robin. Weary but the sort of tired you get having accomplished a good deal in an ongoing series of overlapping episodes. I seem to have been operating well on a variety of levels for quite awhile. Beats the heck out of the alternative - been there, done that.

10:07 PM, January 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home