Monday, January 14, 2008

Taking My Time.....

......If there is any one good thing about being sick it would be the restricted energy which forces you to ssllooooww ddoooowwwnnnn......



It's been sort of nice having a few days off work so as to do not much of anything too demanding. Lynda and I managed to fill the weekend quite nicely without pushing to accomplish a great deal. I fit a couple of unscheduled naps in there when I ran out of steam.



It's back to the salt mine tomorrow though; a full day at the Tx centre and then the evening working with the young fellow again. Which reminds me - I haven't given him a name for reference here yet. The first one I dubbed Arlo so how be I call this one Woody. Our times together have been good and bad so far; some nights he's engaged and quite animated, others definitely not. As in; do you have a pulse? At times he is involved in making some changes, some good choices.... then he back slides directly into old ways of thinking and acting. Seesaw battle.



Today I spent a couple of hours giving my CV an overhaul getting it ready to be sent hither and yon. A friend had forwarded a copy of his for me to refer to as he has written it according to the most popular format of the times. According to him there is a software which scans CV's for key words and does a first rough sort for the person involved in the hiring process. Sounds a little 'big brother-ish' to me.... but time is money.



Tonight I chaired at my home group meeting and I had left arranging for a speaker until today. I put out a couple of calls around noon and one of the guys agreed to do it. He did a great job describing the extent to which his drinking had affected his life, then his approach to recovery and how life is going as he pursues ongoing sobriety. His talk tonight was somewhat different from one I heard him give some months ago and that tells me he is continuing to learn, process and apply the program in new ways.



It is likely wishful thinking but I have a half-assed plan to go visit Sarah, Daniel and Zeph in Vancouver at the end of February. With Zeph being so young and changing so quickly I'd like to be around to see as much of his young life as I'm able to witness and be part of. The big question mark as always is $$$$$'s.







Cuz I want to do more of this!!!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

that looks like you're having fun!

trips to see the grandkids. . . priceless!!

3:31 AM, January 15, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

When you give him a little tickle like that he comes out with the most wonderful belly laughs, which of course get me laughing.

Priceless?? As in, 'what the hell rack it up on the credit card!'?? kind of priceless....? I don't need much encouragement.

12:36 PM, January 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home