Saturday, March 22, 2008

L'il Dancer

When I arrived yesterday afternoon Owen, his gramma and his mom had spent a couple of hours on the side patio - it was cool but sunny and shielded from the wind. Once again gramma was the focus of Owen's world and referred to her in everything he wished to do. Out of the blue he began to sing, then to dance and decided he needed a partner. Here, gramma gives him a whirl.

7 of us walked down the street, round the corner to the local pub for a belated birthday dinner for Lynda. As we ate a band was setting up equipment and doing sound checks and Owen was following what they were doing. He stopped a couple of the band members to ask questions as they worked. I watched him as they stepped up to the microphones to introduce themselves and then count themselves into the number. The expression on Owen's face was worth a million bucks as they quickly ran through the first few chords and began to sing. He was off his chair like a shot, running up to where he had the best vantage point and proceeded to stomp his foot, shake his leg, clap his hands and dance, dance, dance. When the applause died after the song was done the band members gave Owen a hand and high-fives all round. He was a hit to say the least. Such enthusiasm - what's the saying? dance like no one is watching? he did....

Lynda and I took Owen back to the house to give the kids a couple of hours to themselves and the chance to sit and talk over a couple of beers. Lynda and I still haven't told Owen we live apart - whenever I arrive at the house I'm coming from work; if I have to leave I'm going back to work. Simple; it works and doesn't upset his view of the world. I had a couple of additional hours with him before leaving for work - big hugs and squeezes and a kiss on the cheek; he doesn't like my whiskers. Got a couple of hugs and kisses from Lynda , too. Woo-hoo!!

Last night was exceedingly quiet; downright boring. I caught up on a couple of important emails, considered watching a movie but then surfed and followed links on friends blogs. Found lots and lots of good creative writing and excellent photography. I'm looking to update those I link with and want to add a few. I'm not really sure of the etiquette involved - should I tell them I intend to link and give them the opportunity to veto the idea? Input people???

BTW - the time spent at the house and bar were the worst I've had for craving a smoke. Neither are 'smoking' places but both were loud, confusing and loaded with stress (for a few reasons). I used some of the 'tools' I'd been told of and they worked in the short term. I kept fantisizing about that '1' smoke all night and was glad to get home to bed. hmmm.... 11 days now. Best regroup, review, renew or ... relapse.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home