Monday, March 17, 2008

I, Me, Mine......

....in pre-thinking what I might write about those were the words that kept cropping up; pretty damned boring. And dangerous territory for me.... so I've held off posting anything. Responded to a few emails, sorted out some plans, posted a few comments, followed some links....

So - numbers game.... March 17; St Patrick's Day. Had wife #1 and I stuck this would have been anniversary #29. We've been apart now for 21 years which our children are very thankful for. She sent me some pictures last week of her most recent visit to see S, D & Z.

Later this week Lynda celebrates a birthday which will put her ahead of me numerically once again as she is 5 months older than I. In this part of the world your 'champagne' birthday is when your birth date and your age are the same; e.g. born on the 20th of the month, in the year you turn 20. Do we get anything for having been born in '54 and turning 54 this year?? A platinum something-or-other; or maybe a titanium doo-dad.

Have I mentioned lately that I quit smoking, I am a former smoker, I am a non smoker as of 5 days, 15 hours and 10 minutes ago??? I am shocked and amazed; awed and dazed; exhausted and tinglingly aware. One down side - unable to sleep... at all, at all.... even a little bit since the first night. But, Hey!... my sense of smell is kicking back in!!

Lynda and I spent the last few days together, back and forth between our two places but mainly at the house. As the weather has warmed a little Milo wants to be outside as much as possible and has to be coaxed in from time to time. He is still small but has grown noticeably. Freedom follows him out and about keeping him company and playing; Lynda follows Freedom, keeps an eye on Milo and plays with them both. I'm enjoying my time with all of them; Libby & Buddy, our cats, too.

What else? Sis returned from Cuba; Bro was in town briefly but I missed him; I forgot and missed a committee meeting Sunday; ah well. Gotta go.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

so what are you going to do to celebrate your regained sense of smell?

fill the house with fresh flowers?

roast your own coffee beans?

burn some incense or sprinkle some essential oil in a bowl of warm water?

bake some Anzac cookies?

9:04 PM, March 17, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I'm going to follow my nose of course!!!!

The seed trays sre coming out tomorrow to get an early start on the flower garden.

I'm hooked (bad choice of word) these days on one of Starbuck's blends of coffee - a full flavoured French roast which I can't get enough of.

Eucalyptus oil - yeah.....

Those Anzac biscuits refuse to leave my mind; I'll be trying a batch of those for sure (along with some variants - various nuts and seeds.)

Soon there will be all the smells of spring to enjoy as well - can't wait....

9:49 PM, March 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Norm,
Sounds exactly the way it should be when someone is in recovery.
I am aware of this only from the standpoint that I currently ask for daily assistance and remain somewhat focused on my eating habits.
I listen to my spirit and deeply assure it I will make a more concerted effort to come into alignment with a way of life that is more compassionate and friendly to myself.
Again, you've helped through your sharing.

Ojibwe (Meegwetch / me-gwetch) [means] Thank you!

spoken exactly how it sounds.

11:27 PM, March 17, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

New, once again, to this sort of recovery - full of self.

Wherever we are able to identify imbalance in our habits we are the sort who need outside guidance to get us back on track to our intended destiny. Food, substance, sex, cigs, gambling ..... MORE ...... NOW......

Aligning my will with that of a power greater than my own is a daily struggle, but a very necessary one for my ultimate happiness (as opposed to immediate fulfillment).

12:07 AM, March 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home