Monday, March 03, 2008

Hmmm.....Lemme See....

During a grand total of 33 hours off work I:

1) went home and crashed for a few hours, then cleaned up and...

2) headed to the house for dinner and the evening with Lynda......

3) we watched 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' & enjoyed it, then crashed....

(and I enjoyed the best sleep I've had in weeks; slept like a dead man)

4) got up, did that job we do each weekend, dropped Lynda at the house....

5) landed in at home for a nap in order to get through the night....

6) cleaned myself up & re-joined Lynda for dinner, then came to work.

Before and during the movie it was a hoot watching our 7 year old dog Freedom playing with the new pup Milo. It was chasing Freedom's feet and leaping at her, nipping into her ruff. Freedom put up with plenty and played back very gently, nosing Milo around and occasionally laying a paw across him to hold him down. Freedom was also able to put Milo's entire head in her mouth.... a nervewracking sight at first. Free plays tag and follow the leader with him too. Milo isn't too coordinated yet so he did a fair number of somersaults and slid into a couple of walls - ouch!!

While Lynda and I worked we listened to CBC radio 2 and the musical theme for this mornings show was generally 'health' but more specifically hospitals and doctors. It made for some interesting listening with a wide range of music from a number of genres. When it was finishing Lynda remembered that the local classic rock station was featuring harmonica players all weekend - their 'Suck and Blow' weekend - so we switched stations to catch some of it. Wailing good stuff.

I've kept my camera handy lately so I'll share some of those shots when I have a chance to download them.

When I got over to the house for dinner we decided that seeing as how it had got a good deal milder it was time for a barbeque. Lynda beat it over to the store and picked up a couple of steaks; I grilled'em - good eating even though there was no time to marinade them.

Work has been good and reasonably quiet. We were at an outside meeting earlier and the guys were well behaved. We had to discharge one guy yesterday for cause - he threatened another client and there is no tolerance for that.

Re: AA stuff - I can forward on request, via email, a series of links of Bill W on video talking about early AA, his story, and the 12 traditions.

Time to check on my charges......

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home