Monday, March 03, 2008

Night and Day...

This from through the night last night just trying some flash shots in full dark. Pictured here is how the snow settled on a broad boarded picnic table.

Here is the yard at the house while I waited for the b-b-q to heat up showing how the setting sun glistens in the icy surface of the semi-melted and refrozen snow - highlighting people and doggie prints.

These are a couple of Lynda's hanging ornaments which happen to be right under a leak in the eaves trough. As the water drips onto them they get a nice lopsided build-up of ice and swing in the breeze.

Up at the house there is a steep pitched roof that ends within arms reach which is always lined with icicles. One of the guys snapped a number of them off and arranged them on top of a snowbank like a little altar to the ice gods.
Since I got up I've been playing with these shots in Picasa - recropping and adjusting contrast and found I could upload them to the blog right from there. Woo-hoo!! The things you learn when you sit down and play about for awhile. But enough of that for now - it's time to get cleaned up and get some food into myself. Later ~-:)(x}
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great, Norm. I really like the little altar to the ice gods. But I have a thing for little altars (I seem to have them all over my house -- a decorating scheme I didn't plan).

2:14 PM, March 04, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

The night shots were fun to do as I couldn't see what was going to actually fall in the frame - trial and error stuff.

(BTW - same thing happened again with your comment and I may have fixed the problem by adding you to my safe sender list. No idea why it has begun to happen though - no settings had been changed.)

I'll be keeping the camera handy...

2:14 AM, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home