Friday, May 16, 2008

Furtherto.... or is it furthermore??

Yes, last night's post came to an abrupt end when my daughter Sarah called from Vancouver and we proceeded to spend way too long catching up on all the news. Unbeknownst (like that one?? I got more..) to me, her mom had flown into Van from Calgary to spend an extra long weekend with her. They were heading off Friday morning for the ferry ride across to Victoria; then busing across Vancouver Island to catch a boat trip for some whale watching. Tres cool - wish I was there myself. Sarah's man, D, is away on a 5 day fast and retreat. He's a better man than I (I say as I sit here wolfing down handfuls of cookies and talking aloud to myself, in tongues, through crumbs). Attaboy, D. Honest, I couldn't stomach it myself.

Most nights here I don't struggle to stay awake but once Sarah's call was over, I don't know why, but I fought to stay awake. The last couple of hours here were torture and I flew home at about double the speed limit, stereo pumping. Couldn't get beneath the sheets quick enough - 'Hi honey. Have a good day. G'Night! Zzzzzzzzz!!' Slam dunk, gone..... and didn't stir for 9 hours. BE-Ute-iFul!!!

Last night I followed a couple of links that I hadn't checked before and man-o-man did I laugh. There are some wonderfully twisted individuals on this planet who provide some great word play. Love it. Time to go root around for some more..... later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home