Monday, May 12, 2008

Too Many Much T'ings......

......to do, to say, to comment on. Wow!

First off - Hey! All you Mothers out there! Yes, You! I hope you enjoyed a special day Sunday with those who are near and dear to you ... or at the very least had a phone call that touched you. I squeaked in what seemed a very short hour with my mom before driving to work tonight. She's a doll. I had thought of doing something special for daughter Sarah's first mother's day but on reflection decided to leave it in her man's hands to spoil her up some. I'll touch base with her later tonight.

No surprise but I didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped to last week on the homefront. My computer is still scattered about in pieces, poor thing. My attention was too divided; my good intentions were conquered. C'est la vie. (**and no, I haven't forgotten - there is some photo software I'm supposed to be downloading for a particular shot I wanted to work with.**)

Tonight I spent ages reading up all the posts I had missed out on in days past. Amazinggggg...... I continue to be knocked out by the quality talent out 'there'. One small suggestion though..... there are a few of you who could increase your font size a notch or two...... just saying. I've been reading, reading, reading and my eyes feel like they are bleeding, bleeding, bleeding. Glasses on, glasses off. The joys of being over 50.....

After posting those quit stats last week I started wondering exactly what had I done lately to maintain my sobriety. The answer didn't please me and there are all sorts of qualifiers I could resort to here but... bottom line... it has been mainly service work, outreach and running things at the front of the room. All of which need doing but that is primarily 'external' fixing. I need more step work and study with my sponsor and in turn, the guys I sponsor.

The hypnotherapist who so ably assisted me with this smoking quit wrote to thank me for a couple of referrals and to ask for a testimonial for her website. No probs. 9 weeks on Tuesday for me - awesome..... 1 of Lynda's coworkers is coming up on a month smoke free. The wife of one of my colleagues went to her a couple of weeks ago for weight management issues and is reportedly quite happy.

I was accused on-line recently of having 'cajones' so I was surprised on arriving at work tonight and having the same thing thrown at me by a coworker. He was in attendance at the staff meeting I ran Thursday morning where I light-heartedly gave our boss, the house manager, a hard time for not complying with some instructions I had given him in regard to treatment record reporting. I had done it before in private but to have done it in front of other staff was a different matter. He took it well, laughed it off and promised to comply but the other staff were all nudging one another and shaking their heads at my nerve. Sometimes being the low guy on the totem pole has its advantages - you can get away with more. I still have my job, managed to get my point across to him and let my coworkers know it wasn't the first time it had been brought up. Bonus!

Time is running short - later on, dudes & dudettes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home