Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lots of Short Stuff

Thanks to CBC Radio 2 once again......

Pink Floyd was always one of my favourite bands and I continue to be a fan to their guitarist David Gilmour. Their album Dark Side of the Moon spent 400+ weeks in the Billboard top 100 albums. ( I saw them perform during their 1972 and 1994 tours in Toronto.)

Yesterday on CBCR2 they played an arrangement for classical guitar of the song Breathe - it came from a recent CD release by Quebec musician Danny Monzerol. Beautiful! I have been searching for more information about the release so I dont know if it is entirely Mr Monzerol or a compilation (I believe it is just him) but they cover all the tracks from the original Dark Side album. Gotta get me one.

** and of course if anyone can provide clarifying info please feel free to leave a comment....**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the whole Dark Side of the Moon album was recorded for classical guitar by Mr. Monzerol under the Octave label, ISBN OCT23638.

Regards,

Mike

12:14 AM, May 27, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Mike - very much appreciated. I was incredibly impressed with Danny's playing and look forward to hearing it in it's entirety.

I'm curious to know what David Gilmour and the rest of Pink Floyd's members might think of it.

4:33 AM, May 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home