Monday, September 01, 2008

Placeholder.......

Yes, you're right; I haven't been around this space at all. The time spent at the computer has been infrequent and short lived, to say the least - moderating comments, checking emails and doing a little banking is all.

Life is in suspension since Sarah arrived with Zeph back on Tuesday. Everything is revolving around Zeph's schedule (which is fixed in Vancouver time). Most of the time that is fine but there have already been a couple of times where I've had my eye on the clock wanting to carry out some plan or another only to have things pre-empted. Ah well, alas and alack! I'll get used to it I'm sure. Hey, it's been a long time for me since I've had extended exposure to a little one.

He's just approaching the 13 month mark and he is walking - walking a LOT. But watching him walk is a mind-boggling exercise in fascination; I have no idea how he keeps his feet under himself. His legs wobble, hips rock one way, shoulders the other and his head bobs in still another. Somehow he manages to coordinate it all and transport himself. Lord knows how.... but it keeps us all laughing and cringing with his near misses.

Both Sarah and Zeph arrived with full blown colds and Zeph is teething again so he has been moodier this time around. Most evenings I've taken Zeph for walks in his stroller around the neighbourhood for an hour or more in order to give Sarah a break. We've had a variety of outings - a couple of simple shopping ones; a visit at Mom's; a trip to the lakeside beach, boardwalk and park; and today a drive into my fave Aunt & Uncle's place in a Toronto suburb for a couple of hours.

By the time I'm off work come morning I will have been up for more than 24 hours. Lynda and I were up Sunday morning at 6 in order to get a job out of the way and free up the day. By the time we made it back home Sarah was entertaining an old high school friend. Once the friend left Sarah, Zeph and I headed into Toronto - Lynda had her fave niece swing into town for an afternoon of school shopping. After our visit I dropped Sarah at a friend's place and I beat it home for a quick dinner before coming to work. I was able to get the weeks work organized pretty quickly and spent a few hours getting updated in blogdom. Having sat here for quite awhile I'm feeling due for a nap - which isn't allowed, so I better move around some.

Oh - while Lynda and her niece were shopping today Lynda bought just one thing. A nice sentimental gift for me. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home