Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cast a Giant Shadow

I haven't been taking any pictures this last couple of months so here is another one from the summer - Lynda and I. Awhile back I wrote about finally gaining back some weight and breaking the 140 lb barrier. Lately my clothes, particularly my pants, have been feeling tight and I finally got around to getting on the scale. Without any conscious intent to gain more pounds I'm on the plus side of 150. Woo-Hoo!! Got that nice middle aged white guy profile happening - skinny legs and arms, no ass, no pecs but a nice belly. Go ahead - swoon now - this is your cue. Actually I'm more comfortable heading into winter carrying a bit of weight because I usually get sick at least once and loose a bunch. I can't continue to gain though or else I'll have nothing to wear. Heaven forbid after that description.


We have a couple of comedians in residence - this is Buddy and Milo lounging under a wine cart in the kitchen. Milo beat Buddy for his favourite spot and evidently Buddy thought "screw you - I'll just hop up here.' Thankfully that is tempered glass cuz Buddy weighs about 16 lbs. Who rules in our house?? If you guessed the pets, you'd be right.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how your pets have taken over the furniture. And such an odd piece to gravitate to! Easier to wipe the hair off than, say, the couch, yes?

5:46 PM, November 26, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Hi yb - glad to see you stopped in. Yes, easy to keep clean but too bad we can't use it as intended for glasses, bottles and fruit bowls. Like I said - they rule.

9:47 PM, November 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! I love the description of you. And that photo of the pets is too cute for words.

4:07 PM, November 29, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, about that description - it's a pretty accurate look at where I'm at physically. I'm nothing if not honest. No sense in trying to put any gloss on it.

Remember way back when we were getting the kitchen done?? Seems like ages ago now.

What would a house be like without pets? Not a reality I want to visit.

11:40 PM, November 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home