Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Downtime??

Hah!!!

These weeks off are something else. I'd blog more often but my time is taken up doing all the things that have built up that I shoulda, woulda, coulda done through last week but..... wasn't able to.

Sunday is a brain dead day; doing as little as possible and getting some rest. Monday is forcing myself up early and beginning to tackle the to-do list. Yesterday flew and it is Wednesday already - amazing. Mostly I'm in and out of the house every few hours on account of the dogs - don't want them cooped up for too long.

Besides checking on-line for new job postings I haven't spent much time at the computer. A few checks here and there on blog friends but not much nor often. I have heard from a few - talked with JPW a few nights ago and caught up on some news. Emails from BJ and a couple of blog friends. Get well soon Martin - harsh luck.

As to things at work; 'the house'. Now that we have complied with clearing the house we've been instructed and allowed to build up the client resident population again. Geniuses, I tell ya. I work a day shift tomorrow and one of those 26 hours sleep over shifts Friday into Saturday morning. The back to my regular series of 7 night shifts come Sunday night. Woo-Hoo!!!!

Yesterday I had to break off clearing up the last of the leaves because a band of snow showers came through so heavily I had to quit. Now I have a couple of hours to devote to cleaning up the rest of them - that should do it for this year. Off again.....

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

congratulations on remaining in the ranks of employment

holding you in thoughts and prayers as you seek work that involves daylight hours and more sanity

5:54 PM, November 19, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

thanks Kel!!

9:16 PM, November 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Norm, I'll be in touch soon. Keep your head to the wind my friend..

10:11 AM, November 20, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes Kel - I can use all the daylight and sanity I can avail myself of.

Hiya Martin - Will do. Thanks for your kind words.

10:45 AM, November 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're still employed!! Yay!!

You must have sent your snow this way. I'm going to send it back, thank you very much. :)

5:07 PM, November 21, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

We were all surprised to see how much had fallen overnight - about 8 inches. Made driving interesting.

5:34 PM, November 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home