Sunday, November 02, 2008

Standard Time

What did you do with your extra hour?? Squeeze in another hour of sleep? Me, I got to work through mine.

Seems to me that the switch between Daylight Saving Time and Standard was originated to benefit the farming community.... (?) Are there continuing substantial benefits for modern business, industry and us urban dwellers? Personally I don't care for the onset of evening to be at 5 p.m. and I get thrown off for the first week while I adjust.

There was in item on the news about how there are increases in accidents and heart attacks each year at this time. Be careful out there people!

Maybe they should consider a name change to dress it up a bit. I mean Standard is pretty boring, doncha think? Special? Extra-Special? Especially Special Time? Get Out The Woolies Time? Wake Me Come Springtime Time??

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

we started daylight savings time a few weeks ago now, it's the most insane week in any office, with everyone all being "jetlagged" at the same time

at least this time around i had some melatonin and trytophan tabs left from my trip overseas

it helped me make the transition better, but made me more aware of how cranky everyone else was !

of course the really big question is, do you get paid an extra hour for that shift?

7:57 PM, November 02, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, the beginning of our change was set back by a few weeks. Lord knows why.

.....and natch - no extra pay....

9:28 AM, November 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home