Saturday, November 01, 2008

No Good News

Following todays work meeting I had a brief email from my boss and then got the full low-down from the duty counsellor I'm working with tonight once I got in to work. Apparently there were a lot of shrugs from the muckety-mucks where it comes to concrete information about whether we have to close or not, or when. The ball isn't in our court and it's a wait and see proposition; decision pending.... and then scramble.

So I've spent some time cruising the job postings on-line and not finding much of anything. It's given me some time to chill - I get angry when things get so disorganized and the people you depend on for answers don't have any. Then I get a little reactionary........ and have to resist the urge to spew here. Take a deep breath Norm.

Thanks to blog friends for distracting me with your words and pictures and music. Aaahhhh!! One more night and I can put this week to bed.

BTW - We had a perfect evening for the little ones to be out trick-or-treating. Mild with clear skies and a light breeze.

When I get back to work tonight I'll be working with my favourite weekend counsellor who is a music nut like me. He brings in his portable hard-drive and we listen to all his new stuff. Woo-Hoo!! Let the good times roll.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

managers who have no leadership skills - scary stuff - halloween management :)

5:50 AM, November 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're in such an iffy spot at work. I'm not good at handling uncertainty and disorganization either.

Hope everything works out, Norm.

We had good weather for Halloween too. Very warm and clear.

3:05 PM, November 01, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yhanks ladies. I've simmered down somewhat and thinking more along solution based lines. Got my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

1:18 AM, November 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well Norm, let's hope this will blow over with little or no hassle. I'll be thinking of ya...

2:41 AM, November 02, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

:), M.

2:56 AM, November 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home