Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Merry

Hope everyone has the merriest of Christmases!!

I haven't been my usual verbose self this week as I've had little sleep..... which really kills the urge to write. Last night I had to put my head down for a while here at work (which of course is verboten.) Couldn't keep my eyes open. Driving to and from work has been nerve wracking with all the never ending snow we've had. Ah well, I'll be a long time dead and can catch up on my rest then.

Today Lynda and I will have her two younger sons over for the day and dinner along with one of their girlfriends, plus her 5 year old daughter. When I arrive home from work come morning I'm to get the turkey out of the freezer, figure out how long it needs to cook, baste it with oil and depending on time pop it in the oven. By the time I sleep, get up and clean up it ought to be time to join the rest of the crew for dinner before I come back to work. Hmmm.... turkey for breakfast.... might start a new trend.

Last night before I had that lie down I watched the 2nd of those documentaries. This was the video exploration and expansion of Tom Harpur's book 'The Pagan Christ'. It made for interesting viewing especially so close to Christmas. The premise of the book was that there is no real historical evidence that Christ 'the man' ever existed. No hard biographical fact in the four gospels or elsewhere. Further investigation showed paths to Egyptian Coptic sects which predated Christ's birth by more than a thousand years. In Coptic beliefs there are a large number of like stories which parallel the story of Christ. Like I said - interesting viewing that provokes thought, asks pertinent questions and provides a few answers. I'll try to watch both productions again before returning them to my friend Cindy.

Tonight I brought to work a number of videos; a variety of music, action and drama. I think it's time to choose one, go sit and pass some time.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home