Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Catch Up; Wind Down

Sunday night I had a call asking if I would do one of those 26 hour sleep over shifts Monday into this morning. What's a guy to say except, yes......
So, over the course of 10 days I've been on the job for over 120 hours.
Besides grocery shopping, laundry, sweeping and vacuuming my plan is to take it extremely easy today... and cook dinner. Lynda is working an extra long p.m. shift.

One problem though. It is January; this is Canada; there is also a bunch of freshly fallen snow to shovel. I'll rest later. It can't be left where it is because a very cold layer of air is pushing into the area today bringing temps in the -25C to -30C range. Yikes!! Time to hibernate.

Lea - if you check in here - check your junk email folder. I sent you a message a few days ago. I can re-send if need be.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeze.

They work ya hard.

11:27 PM, January 13, 2009  
Blogger Lea Kelley said...

Hey, Norm,
Please resend email. I'll keep an eye open.
Thanks!
I'm sorry you folks are turning into polar bears up there!

1:46 PM, January 14, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, no mercy. My usual 7 night stint was sandwiched between 2 of those 26 hour ones. I take them when I can get 'em because it gives me a chance to work with the guys in the meetings we do during the daytime.

4:24 PM, January 14, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Hi Lea - it has been re-sent.
Re: the weather. I try to think of it in positive terms; refreshing, invigorating, etc. Just don't know how long that will last, is all. Longer than the cold stretch I hope.

5:20 PM, January 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home