Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week - Ender

Whew! Another work week done, down and dirty in another hour. That's not a 'whew' as in I've been terribly busy and run off my feet. It's just I find 70+ hours a bit much and by the end of it I'm bushed and ready for a good long rest. There is a short sleep waiting when I get out of here; I need to be up early for that funeral. But you can be sure I'll be hitting the sheets early Sunday night and sleeping in as long as I can bear to lie there.

I haven't a clue what the week holds. There are some appointments to keep and personal maintenance sorts of stuff to do - dentist, haircut, oil change (on the car, not me). I'm not expecting call-in shifts but I may get lucky as there are lots of colds and flu going around. (Knock on wood, it doesn't land on me.) Must get Mom out of her house for lunch or shopping.

It's about time for another quit smoking attempt. The anniversary of Lynda's successful quit is approaching so I might aim for that and adopt it. It'll be 6 years for her. I so wish I hadn't blown off the 7 months I had under my belt but no sense crying about it. Pick a date and stick to it. Do anything else except pick up.

Through tonight the temperature has dropped to -20C with a wind chill of about -30. So cold it would freeze the ............... you know the rest. As cold as a witches heart at midnight on All Hallows Eve........ you get the picture. Lord, I live at the wrong latitude. There must be some alkies and addicts in warmer climes who need a little counsel.

Have a great week; I'll be around soon.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

enjoy your time off Norm
hope you can put the feet up a bit

a haircut and oil change - made me laugh and reminded me of a guy many years ago who used so much brylcreem on his hair, that when he stayed at our place for a week, it ate through the pillow cover! (obviously didn't get the ad that said 'a little dab will do ya")

4:26 PM, January 11, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, I knew the sort of comment I'd draw if I didn't put that qualifier in there.

I thought Brylcream was before your time!!

6:31 PM, January 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home