Sunday, January 11, 2009

Movies

I thoroughly enjoyed watching 'My First Mister' (2001) the other night. Here's a short synopsis: link. It's a good story with strong leads played by Leelee Sobieski and Albert Brooks. The supporting cast includes Carol Kane and John Goodman. Give it half an hour and it will draw you in. Oh, loved the soundtrack, too.

Tonight I tried watching the third of the films I'd been loaned - 'Cinema Paradiso' - which earned an Oscar for Best Foreign Film. I gave it 45 minutes and wasn't even vaguely interested in the characters or story. I find the production values of European films to be very different to Hollywood standards - a sweeping generalization, I know. In this film I found the direction and acting awful, cinematography and editing poor and the sound recording bad. With a review like that I'll just bet you're anxious to run out and rent it - not!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home