Friday, January 30, 2009

More Music Notes

While driving this week I've heard some more great tunes. The other day the announcer gave a great intro for a tune so I perked up my ears, turned up the volume and gave a good listen. It was Blitzen Trapper playing the title track from their CD 'Furr". They are out of Portland, OR and have a terrific sound. They come to Toronto Feb 21.

Yesterday the same announcer intro'd a track by Pink Martini saying they were playing in town last night, and went on to say about the huge following they have in France. I've written about them before, like when I first heard them on the radio, and I like everything I've heard so far. If memory serves they are based in Portland as well ( or somewhere close by.)

Thank god for radio cuz I'd need quite an income to indulge my love of music. Forking out for CD's and going to see performances can add up in an awful hurry.

** For the last 24 hours I had some wrong info posted here which goes to show me I shouldn't write when I'm only half awake. I referred to a band by the name of Pink Cadillac which does exist - it's a long time local 50's & 60's band - but it isn't the one I meant to include here. Mega-brain fart there. Mea culpa. So I added links to enable you to more easily check out Blitzen Trapper and Pink Martini. Have a look at their tour dates and if they are in your area in the next couple of months, go support them and have a good time. ** NM

Also on the music front..... woo-hoo!! I finally set up my Bose music system yesterday and I can listen once again to my music!! Hallelujah!! I thought Lynda was going to faint when she walked in the door and saw it was about ready to go. We re-christened it with disc 1 from The Eagles: Long Road Out Of Eden. Today might have to be a Jeff Beck marathon (which I'm sure all the pets will enjoy).

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rao said...

You might be surprised by the number of bands in and around Portland OR. I have a few friends on The MySpace that collect local area bands and since I'm friends with them these bands are constantly hitting me up for an add. It's insane. I usually check out their site and listen to a song or two before deciding if I want to add them or not.

12:53 PM, February 01, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

It sounds like there is a thriving, varied music scene happening there.
I'm hearing about these bands from CBC Radio 2 (FM) which you may be able to pick up from Vancouver or listen on-line. The morning host (6-9) and afternoon host (3-7) are particularily good.

12:08 AM, February 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home