Thursday, May 14, 2009

Catching Up On Kudos / Credit

A couple of weeks ago I posted about being prompted / inspired to return to lending my hand to some form of artwork or another. I've been fortunate here in getting to see, and know a little bit, some very talented writers, photographers, artists and hobbyists. The prompt to action has been brewing for quite awhile and I've gained that inspiration through seeing the work of various people - Kel at 'the xfacta' through her 'Art Attack' challenges, Robin at 'Bountiful Healing', Lea at 'Lea Kelley Saying Thank You For...', among a number of others.....

In this post, http://constantchangeisthenorm.blogspot.com/2009/05/small-beginning.html I singled out QuoinMonkey's series on mandalas over at 'red Ravine' for getting me going on them. I downloaded some and have spent a bit of time using my new art supplies colouring them in - getting used to the materials and working with them and the colours again; tuning my eye and hands in.

The other person I credit with providing that nudge into action is QM's partner at 'red Ravine', ybonesy, with her series of posts regarding the evolution and process of a brilliant graphic she produced. yb periodically attaches what she refers to as her 'doodles' to her posts but these posts took it all to a higher level. The initial one that really caught my eye described the process, her inspiration and the materials she chose - you can see it here in 'The Making of a Painter':
http://redravine.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/the-making-of-a-painting-painter/
A couple of weeks later the finished project appeared here - scroll down to 'The Other':
http://redravine.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/this-that-the-other/
...and a few days later a variation on the theme:
http://redravine.wordpress.com/2009/04/19/flower-power-haiku/
Powerful stuff to be sure.

Thanks again QM. Thanks ybonesy. Thanks to everyone who has provided positive example and encouragement. I needed that!

Oh - come see the new me over at http://norm54.wordpress.com

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Patchouli said...

When I ask God for a sign, I'm always surprised at where it pops up...Norm, I'm on the same path as you, and regard this blog as my inukshuk--onward!

7:01 AM, May 15, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

WoW! Patchouli - long time no hear. Thanks so much for your kind words. I checked in on your site recently and know you've had some crazy hectic times. You must feel a great sense of accomplishment when you look back - for yourself, your marriage, those lovely daughters.
Yes, you never know what you will find out here in blogland but it's chuckful of folks who like to move forward in their lives and share the journey. Like you said: Onward!
Thanks for stoping by and caring to comment. You've made my day.

2:40 PM, May 15, 2009  
Anonymous ybonesy said...

Norm, THANKS for this! I am so honored to find myself one of the sources for your refound inspiration. Hey, I'm not sure that you even look at this blog any longer, but how goes the creative process? I hope you'll be doing updates on your pieces.

I'm still working it over here. Flower Power turned into a political series. The 12x12 size was manageable, and now I'm putting them together to make larger pieces, three-dimensional. It's a journey.

10:25 AM, May 29, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Hiya yb - yes, I stop by here periodically to see who is continuing to visit and if the link to my new space is being followed. I meant to mention this was cross-posted over there as well.
If I can overcome my fear of blank sheets of paper I'll be posting updates of new projects but I'm having a hard time with that these days.
I'll definitely be looking forward to where your muse takes you with your project.
Thanks for being out there doing all you do so well.

10:07 PM, May 29, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home