Thursday, May 07, 2009

Find Your Own Path

Time is short this morning again. Yesterday was spent grubbing around in the dirt while sorting out a couple of garden areas - not so interesting to write about perhaps. Soooo.... here's another shot stolen from my daughter's Facebook page which I just love. It's her son Z walking the independent walk. (Hmmm... now if I just had some airfare, I'd surprise them with a visit.)

Oh, while on an errand yesterday I stopped in to an art supply store carrying yb's material list in my grubby hand. I checked out all they had to offer and came away with a different assortment of materials. A variety pack of conte crayons, another pack of oil pastels, a kids watercolour set and another basic set of markers. I could have spent hours there and spent a whack of money but I tore myself away. The clerk and I had quite a long chat and reviewed yb's list - he explained some of the features of those pens - good guy.

Anyway - brand new day but wet today. I might get some time checking out those new toys afterall. Later.....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous lea kelley said...

This photo is quite the metaphor for the things we leave behind as we grow into ourselves.
Very sweet!

1:25 PM, May 07, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Not quite 2 yet and already casting a giant shadow of influence over me. Tout sweet!
Thanks Lea.

2:57 PM, May 07, 2009  
Blogger Kel said...

ooh a shopping spree in an art store
yay
what fun
look forward to you sharing some of your playing around

5:33 AM, May 08, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

It was fun!! Going in my goal was to come away spending only about $20 and I almost succeeded.

...and you touch on an important point; this is strictly playing around. You won't be seeing any 'serious' art happening here. Not for a good long while anyway.

Thanks Kel - good to 'see' you.

9:07 AM, May 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home