Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whazzup??

Well, today will be a long one -- I was up early to cut the lawn before coming to work. By dinner time I was ready for a nap but showered and dressed for work instead. There are another few hours to go before I can leave for home again.

It's a quiet night here - the house population has dipped again; less than 15 guys... and the phones have been still. Since I completed my assigned work I've:

-caught up on all my blog friend's posts;

-played around with some of my new art supplies; did a mandala with oil pastel; checked out the selection of conte crayons

-listened to some Susan Tedeschi (Hope & Desire), Jeff Beck (Official USA Bootleg '07) and Robert Plant & Alison Krauss (Raising Sand).

For some reason I wasn't expecting to like 'Raising Sand' much; preconceived notions, I suppose. By the time I'd heard 4 or 5 songs I was getting sold on it and once it was over I wanted to hear it all again with fresh ears. T-Bone Burnett's song selection and production for this album are flawless. This unlikely vocal pairing of Plant and Krauss sounds effortless and yet is hauntingly beautiful.









http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpjnaGOeHH4&feature=related

'Please Read The Letter' video link.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home