Sunday, March 11, 2007

End of Another Week

I've been doing some personal housekeeping though the course of the night here at work. After I'd completed my work I began cleaning out a satchel that I carry back and forth to work each day. It was starting to weigh way too much and no wonder.......besides CD's & DVD's and a couple of books it was jammed with newspapers, work schedules and bulletins, AA commitee stuff, meeting and conference info, my monthly planners. You name it, it was in there. There are a few pounds of outdated papers in the shredder box now and I'm sure my lower back will be happy about that.

One thing I came across was a clipping I'd cut from one of the Toronto papers. If you'd like to see a beautiful example of religious architecture circa 1840 go to www.sharontemple.ca; I wish they'd included more photos but the one on the main page is good. They give a good account of the history and philosophy of the sect that built it. It's completely lit by lanterns and candles.

What else - the weather is much milder; that's a blessing. It was above freezing yesterday and we've had a mix of rain, freezing rain and snow during the last couple of hours.

Lynda - I don't think there is anything within my power, to say or do that will change things. She seems not to care. She's off partying with her girlfriend again tonight, same as last Saturday. When she came home Sunday afternoon she looked bad; like she'd been dragged backward through a knothole. It took until Wednesday for her to recoup from that session. It takes two to tango. I can't do it alone. She has to be willing. We'll have another go tomorrow and see what that brings.

Tomorrow will be down time. Over the last 5 weeks I've logged 300 hours work and had way more than my share of 20 hour days. Lord, I get tired just thinking about that. There hasn't been a great deal of sleep to be had. Monday might just have to be a day of rest as well. I'm due; getting a tad too old to keep this up much longer. Otherwise I'll be concentrating my efforts on the job search - if anyone is looking for a dedicated employee who is willing to really apply themselves to the job at hand............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home