Monday, March 05, 2007

Here's The Story .....

......and it isn't a happy one.

I don't intend to repeatedly post about this but some of you have been kind enough to send messages of support and hope, and so, an update.

After a week of unbelievable turmoil we finally had another face-to-face Sunday afternoon and the final verdict is that it's over. Time for the lawyers. She doesn't want to try to work things out, nor get counselling, nor was she able to say that she is making a sane decision. Only that she feels driven to make this move and that her thinking hadn't changed at all over the week.

I feel handcuffed and hopeless; like my life has suddenly been hijacked by a stranger inhabiting Lynda's body. Anything I propose gets a flat 'no' response.

I can't recall a period of time in my life where I've been as single-mindedly consumed by anything for this long. My mind and emotions have been all over the map and I've come up with nothing to persuade / dissuade her. Madness.

Truth be told, I feel like putting all my possessions into storage, getting in the car and going for a very long drive.

So, that's it. An ending. New beginnings..............

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

i'm sorry to hear this Norm

if your drive brings you as far as the south-eastern corner of Australia, there'll be a plate on the table for you

3:08 AM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Very tempting Kel. I've always wanted to visit Oz.
Maybe I can find one of those funky old amphibious cars with the twin props in back. Cross country and trans Pacific it should only take about 6 weeks.

4:01 AM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home