Monday, February 26, 2007

Update

Once I was up for the day Sunday Lynda and I did some work and some much needed running around. Had a time-out evening of watching a couple of movies and talked about nothing of consequence. Things were very quiet. We went to bed together but I wasn't able to sleep and so I'm up for the day again. My mind is too busy for sleep but my body has rested. We both have a full slate for today and tonight and are supposed to sit down again Tuesday night to see where we're at and where we might go from here.

My mind has been all over the map through the course of the last few nights. I don't understand how my 'reality' and hers can have gotten so out of whack, so quickly. I think I'm sane and grounded in the real world. I know Lynda has had a couple of people sniping in ther ear lately and that they have their own agendas and points of view - ones that I don't share.

In doing Kel's exercise I was reminded of Mazlow's Hierarchy of Needs and how you need to address the base issues in order to attain the higher ones. It seems that now the base is threatened and uncertain, it's the highest point of the pyramid that is sustaining me through this. Faith, prayer, meditation, the certainty that there is a plan I'm not privy to.

Faint hope but I'm hoping that Lynda's trouble with menopause in conjunction with allergies & meds, financial pressure and job stress perhaps have induced a temporary lapse in overall 'sanity'. Depression? I'm catching at straws here.

Thanks for your care, concern, prayers and good wishes. It matters to me.

I guess the blog title holds true - The Only Constant is Change. I may have to change my hotmail account though from heyimtheluckyone to something more appropriate.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm just getting caught up with you, Norm. I will say those prayers for you and Lynda and hope that everything works out.

2:18 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Robin - much appreciated.

Crazy days, a jumble of feelings and thoughts. Things spinning in to chaos but managing to keep a semblace of sanity. Heading to a meeting tonight - aaahhh!

3:02 PM, February 28, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

yes the only constant is change, but you are still lucky, you have friends from all over the globe who are lifting you up in their thoughts and prayers

:)

4:37 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Luckily I was asked to fill in a couple of shifts, yesterday and today. It keeps me from dwelling on me.

Yes Kel - I do feel blessed with the long distance caring. It keeps me feeling connected.

I'll log on and share an update when I get some free time. I'm OK. (I think)

7:32 AM, March 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home