Thursday, April 05, 2007

New Directions

I spent quite a while last night reviewing from the beginning all that I've written here and out of that I've determined a few things.

1) These last 5 weeks have been the toughest times I've ever experienced and writing here has been an important safety valve for me. There are a lot of more personal details involved that I needn't (and shouldn't) disclose here. All that's been going on has taken up most of my time and attention but it's time to lay off that whole thing and just get on with it.

2) Many thanks to my blog mates for your many supportive and encouraging messages. Your friendship means a lot to me.

3) Work. While I love working here at this location, as well as my peers and immediate superiors, and our clients, it's clear that it's time to move on. There are a whole range of reasons behind that but bottom line, I need out. Whether it's another addiction treatment facility or mental health or special populations I need to spread my wings and apply my talents to something greater in order to grow. Regular working hours would be nice, too.

4) Constant Change: When it's a well-ordered, progressive evolution of processed thought and action; that's a good thing. When it's change for change sake, random, uncaring and thoughtless; that's dangerous. Reminds me of the time I took a blotter of acid and went to the fairground to enjoy the midway rides. I remember laughing a lot but it was mostly from fear and dread.

5) Music. Like everyone else I have my tastes and while I don't want or expect to influence anyone else's, I'll continue to share about the bands, artists and songs that strike me as being particularly great.

6) I have much more to learn and intend to pick up a course or two - maybe one short one over the summer and a couple of regular ones come fall semester. One of those should be just for fun. Hmmm...maybe music???? art therapy??(whatdyathink Kel)?

Lots more to consider.................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home