Friday, May 18, 2007

It's Been A Long Day.....

.....and I'm feeling somewhat depleted.

The day started with a jerk from sleep at noon thinking I'd overslept the alarm....whew! Alright, not the case. I managed to get some domestics out of the way, food into me and be cleaned up in plenty of time for my meeting with Arlo. He was in an odd head-space today. Acting as if he were into the outing but also detached and passive. Strange. He's normally more engaged, animated and verbal. Our discussion was tough slogging and circular. The report is written, sent and out of the way. My after meeting chat with his foster mom left me with only enough time to whip home to change clothes and jump back in the car to come to work.

I received a nice email from Kel in Oz; always good to hear from her and get an update. Plus, she's always so positive and encouraging - who wouldn't like that?? If you haven't already, check the link for 'the x facta'. Kel, I'll post more pics if you do, too. I think it's time for another art attack challenge.

I also had 4, count'em 4! emails from cousin BJ in response to mine of last night. (A one-liner, one brief one, a half pager and a small novel!) I'm going to have to go over that last one with a highlighter, do some research and respond over the weekend - way too much to think about in one sitting.

We're heading into a long holiday weekend here, Victoria Day or 'May 24', as it usually lands around the 24th - 24 is also the required daily intake for bottles of beer each day of the weekend for anyone between the ages of 8 and 80. (Just kidding!!) I think the American's Memorial Day weekend is another week away. Here at work it's business as usual - we operate 365 days a year - so I'm working into Sunday morning just like normal. Thankfully we have a good houseful of well motivated men looking to get well; that makes life easier.

Must go for now. Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

you're on
an art attack challenge coming up :)

3:39 AM, May 19, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Right back atcha, girl. Something to look forward to.

4:55 AM, May 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home