Monday, May 14, 2007

Wine Tip

We have a big, new liquor store in town and I was in there picking up some boxes for packing. I thought 'what the heck', as long as I'm here I might as well pick up a bottle of wine for Lynda. As its a new store I don't know where anything is and so wound up having a leisurely stroll about the place. It must be around 3,000 sq. ft. of floor space so think miles of aisles - a smorgasbord of booze. Instead of getting one of the tried and true ones that we've enjoyed in the past - or more recently ones that Lynda has discovered - on a whim I chose a Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon called Cato Negro. Turns out I'd picked a winner; when Lynda sampled it I heard an 'omigod!' and she brought her glass out to me. 'You have to have a whiff of this.' After a long inhalation I have to say it's as good as any wine I've ever smelled. The colour is a beautiful dense red, it's dry, the aroma great and Lynda says it's got a great finish. This one is a keeper; the nose knows.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some really good Chilean wines. I'll put this on the list of wines to look for the next time we shop for wine.

Thanks, Norm!

8:10 AM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

No probs, Robin.
I picked a hell of a time to be an alcoholic - there's all this GREAT stuff out there just waiting to be tasted. Drat! A small price topay for some sanity.
Cheers!

2:47 PM, May 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TASTED CATO NEGRO IN TURKS AND CATOS ISLAND, LOVED IT, CAN'T FIND IT IN NEW YORK AREA, ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHERE I MAY FIND IT?

2:01 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Sorry, can't help you unless you want to cross the border into Ontario. Not such a bad trip if you have the time.

5:13 PM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home