Friday, June 08, 2007

Busy Times

Yesterday was a little frantic once Lynda called about the house deal. I put out calls and emails to my realtor and mortgage broker; then spoke to both of them reaffirming what our criteria are. Then ran out and cut the front lawn and the hilly portion of the back to get that out of the way.

A quick shower and off to an appointment for a physical with my MD. He was really impressed with all my test results (for a guy my age); liver and kidney function, cholesterol, PSA. I'd wanted a chest x-ray and he'd refused at my last appointment but seeing as how I've had this chest cold for almost 3 weeks he wants a look at one now.(g) The rotten bugger also wants to schedule a couple of diagnostic tests that men of a certain age should have - rats!! He was also happy with the fact my blood pressure is in the low normal range as he knows what life has been like lately. I was surprised cuz there have been some days when I've felt like my head was going to blow off.

Straight from there it was off to pick 'Arlo' up for a session. When I arrived his case worker was at his home talking with his foster mom so I got in on that briefly. 'Arlo' is once again on suspension from school and won't be going back this year as the school year is about over; he's lost his year and will have to repeat. Summer school is a possibility but with his attitude not likely.

We went to the art gallery but it was about to close so we opted for an arcade this time out. Hadn't been in one for about a thousand years and it was fun. The machines dispense tickets which you trade in for crappy prizes; I got a top and a big 'punch' balloon. Woo-Hoo!! 'Arlo' decided to get a balloon as well, blew it up and then didn't want to take it with him when I dropped him off with his friends, so we traded. There was a talk in there about his using and all the free time he's going to have on his hands - what to do with that time and maintaining some structure to his days.

Directly from there I came home to pick Lynda up and it was off to get Mom and go to the theatre for a production of 'Annie Warbucks'. None of us were too enthused about going; Lynda and I are both burned out, emotionally raw, not sleeping, etc.....Mom is content these days staying home and doesn't really care to go out much. As it was the final show of the season we went. It was a student production this time drawing teens from area schools and their drama courses. We were all really happy to have gone, it was so well done. The girl who played Annie was remarkable - 12 years old - personality plus, projected really well, confident, knew her role down flat and had a killer voice. The whole production was impressive especially considering the ages of these kids; 12 to 18.

I've been playing with the camera on my cell phone lately and have been getting some pretty cool shots. They've mainly been textural sorts of things without a main subject to them; clouds, brickwork, waves. I've been using them as screensavers and switching them up on a regular basis. If I can figure out how to post them I just might do that.

This was supposed to be a very quick 'update' post but it didn't turn out that way. I have a bunch of running around to do this morning; that x-ray, a prescription, some shopping; so I'd best get cleaned up and go. I need to get some sack time this afternoon as I'm back at work tonight and it'll be way too long if I don't get some rest. Oh yeah - we're going out around dinner time to look at a couple of townhouses, too. Here we go..........busy, busy!! Pitter patter - let's get at 'er!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home