Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday Night - Safe Home

It's been a day of ease. I was dispatched early from work, was in my bed just after 6 a.m. and read a little more of Emmet Fox's 'Sermon on the Mount' before shutting out the light. It was the best sleep I've had in weeks - deep and solid - and I didn't get up until about 3 p.m. Lord, I needed that. Skipped coffee, had a couple of cups of hot black tea and a very long hot shower. Still trying to clear my chest and sinuses - seems to be a case of the galloping crud.


There were a few tense moments when Wonder Woman arrived home from her mis-spent weekend but it ain't my problem anymore. See, when I climbed into bed this morning I took my wedding band off and put it in a drawer. I said I'd wear it until I no longer 'felt' married. I've arrived at that point. We had dinner together/apart - (at the same time/different rooms) - after which I spread a bunch of my folders and papers out on the bed so I could get some organization happening. So many things on the go that it gets out of hand very quickly.


I followed through and attended a particular meeting tonight that I'd wanted to get to for quite awhile. There are a number of members I know there and it was good to have time before and after the meeting to spend some time talking with them. (3 hours for a one hour meeting) The fellow who had given me a copy of the 'Big Book' of AA at my very first meeting was there and we were laughing about the condition I was in when I arrived a few years ago. Sad, sick, spent, sorry and not too sober. Pretty miserable actually in all aspects. Nice to be able to laugh at ourselves now. I gave a new guy a ride home on my way home. I've seen him most nights for the last couple of weeks and he says he's hitting 2 or 3 meetings a day. The physical and mental changes in him are huge already and it's great to see.

It's time to sit down with a book for awhile and then see if I can't get some more rest. It's going to be a busy week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home