Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Great Day

It's just been one of those days where you're happy to be alive, in the day/moment and a number of good things have rolled my way. I've been on steady go since I got up at noon.

Had a great outing with Arlo. (more about that later) A quick dash home for dinner with Lynda and a change of clothes.

I had arranged to meet with a guy who had spoken here at an in-house meeting a couple of weeks ago. We sat for 2 hours over coffee and talked hard core recovery. He and I got to know each other real well and I benefited from his experience in the program.

After I got to work (late) I plowed through some of my work before sending my co-counsellor and the residents to bed. Around midnight my social services contact arrived so we could talk about Arlo, our work, setting me up as a business and recovery. I finally had to kick him out at quarter to 3 so I could get the rest of my work done.

All I need to make this day a '10' is a long, hot lovemaking session but you need a partner for that. I'll settle for what it's been; an 8.5.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having a good day, Norm.

An 8.5 ain't bad. :)

5:13 PM, May 30, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Actually, I'm having a lot of good days - gotta love that. Beats the hell out of the alternative.

I tried convincing Lynda that we ought to hit the sheets one last time but she wasn't having any of that. Just plain unco-operative that woman. LOL. Can't blame a guy for trying.

3:28 AM, May 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home