Thursday, May 31, 2007

Legalities

I had another early start to my day, this time to see my lawyer. We reviewed the separation agreement and he interpreted some of the 'legalese' that I wasn't 100% sure about. Everything checked out to expectations and although he thinks I'm insane, I signed off on it. Now it's back in Lynda's hands to follow up on. The poor bugger obviously isn't used to people who aren't interested in nickel and diming and going after every entitlement. He really doesn't know what to make of me but wished us both well. I enjoyed dealing with him and wished him a long and happy retirement - he must be about 80; he served in the air force in WW II.

Once she signs off she can get her mortgage, the title can be transferred and I can finally get on with my search. My realtor emailed me a listing today that I'd like to go after.

Lynda and I had a brief chance to talk things over before dinnertime and I was saying that we can both feel good about how we've managed through a difficult, upsetting and awkward time. These last 6 weeks have been pretty damned good all things considered. We covered a few other practical things and just as the conversation had to end I told her I haven't given up. I've been agreeable, acquiesced and gone with her wishes on all of this but....she's still the one I want to finish out my days with. She was a little delayed in getting back to the dinner table.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home