Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back On Track

Isn't the human mind a wonderful thing???? Full of dips and dives, ups and downs. My last few posts left something to be desired....like sanity, perhaps. There had been a lot going on - little in the way of rest, expectations not met, some negative anticipation regarding a diagnostic test on Friday, the necessary fast in preparation for that. All in all, it had a cumulative effect on my overall frame of mind.

In the end everything turned out alright. Friend Terry got me to my appointment and back home again - good of him. I fed myself and laid down for a couple of hours to rest and get rid of the chills and discomfort. Lynda picked me up on her way home from work, fed me and kept an eye on me for the night - good of her. We took Freedom for a long walk that allowed me to walk off some pain and cramping. I'm back to feeling about 90% normal today and am about to get into some things that need doing on the home front. Later on our group is doing an evening shift covering the phones at the local AA office so it should give us a chance to catch up on summer goings-on and prepare for a busy month coming up.

I'm not counting on it but I might hook up with Lynda when that shift is done - she's out for the day with one of her 'dangerous' friends and there's no telling where that may go. Not my problem really. If we don't get together I have plenty of other things to do to keep my self occupied.

One thing that continues to take up head space is the prospect of quitting smoking. I have lots of resources (thanks to Susan, et al) and support (Suzie, Robin, BJ, Lynda, et al), knowledge, motivation....... All that is lacking is the will and a decision. Even if I'm not completely prepared for a quit I think it's time for a serious attempt just to get my feet wet and see what smoke free living is like again.

Time to make that a reality and not wishful thinking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that a couple of trial runs helped. I called my last one a dress rehearsal and just kept going.

You can do it, Norm. :)

9:38 PM, September 03, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Best to dig in, give it a shot and expect a couple of hiccups along the way. Take the long view and try to see where I want to wind up.

10:24 PM, September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home