Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Busy, Busier, Busiest

Here it is into the early hours of Tuesday morning and my head is still back in the stretch from when I got up Friday, through Saturday and on into Sunday. I can't believe just how much we crammed into that space of time. Way too much to try and detail here; lets just say it's nice to be back at work for a rest.

Other stuff:
Lynda and I are beginning to get organized for our trip to Vancouver on Friday. One thing I accomplished tonight was to find some personal identification documents I'll need in order to board the flight - they'd gone missing during the move but after much searching I did manage to lay hands on them. Whew!!!

Last night I posted a comment to David Gilmour's blog (which is part of his website) and had a nice comment back from the features editor, FEd. The blog is in the running for a People's Choice Award, it's that good. Check it out here. I think it's great but, hey - I have an obvious bias. I should back up my thoughts with a vote.

Tonight there have been a few emails flying back and forth between Sarah and I, and then a half hour long phone call straightening out arrangements. Their nickname for Zepherin is 'the Monster' as he's growing so fast and hitting growth markers of development ahead of schedule.

I'm missing the regular contact I usually enjoy with a couple of people. (So ante up people; I'm lonely) Cousin BJ is out of the country on holiday so I'm not getting her normal 2 or 3 emails per day. JPW has been checking the blog but not commenting lately - we were in touch by email a couple of weeks ago and trying to figure when we could next get together and break bread. When we get back from the west I suppose - just not sure what my schedule is yet. (there could be some weeks of day shifts up for grabs and I hope to get them)

I'm leaving the link up to 'callinitquits' as it's still active but friend Susan won't be running it any longer. All the resources are still there for smoking cessation. Susan is taking time to manage some personal affairs and I'm not 100% clear if she's leaving the job for good or not - I think so.... (and she did say goodbye) but I'm not counting her out.

The weather has cooled dramatically with nighttime temps getting down near frost - any time now. Daylight hours are much shorter, too. By the looks of things the fall colour change may just be a bust this year. Lots of trees look thinned out already whereas if we'd had normal rainfalls this year they'd still be lush and full. In a lot of cases the leaves are simply turning brown and blowing away in the breeze. If I'm able to get any decent shots I'll post them.

Venus has been beaming brilliantly in the east in the predawn hours. It's the last celestial body to disappear at daybreak.

Every once in a while I change up my music listening habits so for the last week I've had the radio tuned to either of a couple of stations that play primarily classical and jazz. Tonight on the way to work I heard, for the first time in about 20 years, a signature song of Louis Jordan's called '5 Guys Named Moe.' It's a swing tune and it breaks me up, slays me. Here, in part, are some of the lyrics:

I gotta tell you a story from way back
Truck on down and dig me Jack
There's Big Moe, Little Moe,
Four-Eyed Moe, No Moe,

Look at brother,
Look at brother,
Look at brother Eat Moe
Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe

Who's the greatest band around
Makes the cats jump up and down
Who's the talk of Rhythm Town
Five guys named Moe

When they start to beat it out
Everybody jump and shout
Tell me who do the critics rave about
Five guys named Moe


You just don't get lyrics like that any more - a shame really, don't you think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Norm,

I am happy to hear you are off with the love of your life to the west coast. Have a great holiday and wonderful visit with your new grandson and family! I would love us to break bread upon your return,so keep me informed and try and blog from out there if you have a minute to spare.

5:46 PM, September 18, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Hey yourself JPW - I don't know if I'll be able to blog or not; don't know what S & D's set-up is like. I'd definitely like to sit down again for a catch up session.

Remember the photo I took last time with my cell? Lynda saw it and said, 'Good looking guy, eh?'

Hmmm... couldn't say.... maybe..

7:48 PM, September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I do think.

9:51 PM, September 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home