Friday, September 07, 2007

Sharing The Good Stuff.....

As the result of an inquiry from Kel I did a little digging regarding the photos hanging in my living room and I'll share the results momentarily....

A little history first. I had a 30 year career in the prepress part of the print trade; mainly commercial print. Each year we would receive from our paper, ink and finishes suppliers limited edition posters and calendars which would showcase their products. Those prints are from one of those calendars which I eventually had mounted on panel; I have 4 of the set - Lynda another 3. There are another 5 or 6 in a folder at home that I might someday have mounted as well.

They are from a series called 'Stonelines', taken from a 1997 calendar which is the work of a Dutch gentleman by the name of Volkhard Hofer. You can find his website here. You'll be able to browse his galleries of images - they will knock your eyes out and confound you with their variety and evident technical expertise. Some of the ones I have are in his 'Images' section, subsection 'Canyons'. Don't rely on my memory but I think they were taken in the 'Badlands' areas of Utah, Colorado, Arizona & New Mexico.

Thanks for asking Kel - I found more than I could have hoped for. Such a beautiful body of work!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! He's got some fantastic photos!

11:48 AM, September 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any idea where you can buy his calenders - especially liked the fantastic landscapes and the caynon images!!

2:55 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

I don't think his work is commercially distributed here but don't take that as gospel. I'll do some checking.

His images completely knock me out. I guess being in posession of them affirms 'heyimtheluckyone'.

3:23 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

you are the lucky one norm!

Volkhard's photographic art is beautiful. I'm intrigued by the sand tufas - never heard of them. Don't even know what they are really, or if we have them in Australia. But they make great picture fodder.

2:46 AM, September 09, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

So beautiful!!!

I haven't backchecked but I'm pretty sure when you've enlarged any photo, at the bottom right corner, there's a location given. Can't say as I'd heard of them (tufas) either.

4:35 AM, September 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home