Monday, September 03, 2007

Music News

Lo and behold, I hadn't checked David Gilmour's website for a few weeks and damned if they haven't announced a release date for his DVD from his 'On An Island' tour. This show was recorded at Royal Albert Hall and runs 85 minutes. The DVD will be released Sept 18 here in North America but will be premiered via HD simulcast in theatres Saturday Sept 15 @ 3p.m. Eastern Time. For local showings go to his website - davidgilmour.com - click on the DVD tab and scroll down to either U.S. or Canadian listings.

Out of all the shows Lynda and I have seen together, this is the one we agree on as having been the best of the lot - back in April '06 at Massey Hall in Toronto. Our butts will be in the seats for the movie theatre showing and I'll likely be at my local music shop on the 18th to pick up my copy of the DVD.

Oh - and just in case you don't know who he is - SHAME ON YOU !!!! Find out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home