Thursday, September 20, 2007

Numbers Game

Sept 20: This is my eldest stepson's 35th birthday. Although Lynda is just a few months older than I, she got quite a jump on me in baby making. By about 8 1/2 years.

This blog is 11 months old and this is the 266th post. As there have been days where I've written multiple posts it means there are quite a few days I didn't post at all. I'm glad for the days I did.

I'm 50 months sober today. (BtGoG) That is 1,522 days; in excess of 2 million minutes. There were times early on where it was a minute by minute existence. Thank God for this program of recovery and the fellowship.

There are 30 hours left before our flight west during which I have to pack, sleep, go to a party, sleep some more, then drive way across the city to the airport in rush hour traffic. The payoff is that in 36 hours I should have Zepherin in my arms. He is 47 days old already.

That DVD has been in my possession for over 36 hours and I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OF IT YET! That's it; I'm taking it to Vancouver and begin Zeph's musical education.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

ooh, a blogiversary is just around the corner

whatcha gonna do to celebrate?

the 50 month milestone is an awesome achievement as well
good on you

6:44 AM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Not sure what I might do to celebrate - hadn't thought about it as yet. Paint a picture; write a story??

That 50 months is just a bunch of small miracles strung together one day at a time. Thy will, not mine.

7:15 AM, September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

50 months! Well done, Norm. :)

I think you should have a cyber-cake to celebrate your blogiversary. No calories, but lots of fun.

9:49 PM, September 23, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Good idea Robin - I'm big on cake - and pies, and tarts, and chocolate...... but would want a real one as I could use those calories, too.

12:49 AM, September 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home