Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Today was....

(once I was up for the day)....all about enjoying a couple of hours of late summer weather. Clear, mild, sunny.....what more can you ask?

Otherwise it was really about buying that David Gilmour DVD 'Remember That Night: Live At The Royal Albert Hall'. A little obsessive? Perhaps. Had to have it!! (Actually I bought two copies!!) Besides, the DVD cost way less than a 40 oz bottle of rye whiskey and I used to go through the better part of one of those on a daily basis so, if you think about it - I'm in the money and I still have a functioning liver. (Rationalization, justification) I'd hoped things would be quiet here tonight and there would be the opportunity to sit and watch it while the guys slept. No such luck - the gods had other plans. C'est la vie.

What else? Not a lot. Lots of phone calls, lots of emails, a little laundry and pre-packing. Lynda took my Mom out to dinner tonight and is taking her out again tomorrow. Sarah has arranged a few things for us to do when we get to Vancouver - a golf game for me with Daniel and his father; a women's day at the spa for Sarah, Lynda and Daniel's mother. She's even tracked down a couple of meeting locations for me - A.A. is everywhere, every day.

Blogdom has been quiet lately with some of my regular reads not being posted. Busy times for a lot of people.

Wednesday night into Thursday morning will be the end of my work week and we fly out Friday morning. Lynda booked us to go to a dinner and dance Thursday night - I'm not sure of the wisdom of that but I am sure it'll be fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can always justify spending money if you have something tangible to show for it!!!!!! Anyway have a great trip and enjoy every minute with your grandson - they grow up sooooo quickly!

3:27 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

I'm so full of anticipation and excitement that I have absolutely no desire to work tonight. We'll be revelling in it.
Sarah has never sounded so good as she has lately which makes me a very happy Dad.

3:51 PM, September 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home