Sunday, September 30, 2007

Updater #2

I've been blessed in getting to know some new friends during this last year online. You know who you are and why I'm mentioning it tonight.

Later on today I have to be up early; I've arranged for a young 'techno-geek' friend to come over and sort out my home computer. I finally managed to get it to boot up in 'safe' mode and even that took quite a while. I really hope it isn't fried and he can get it functioning properly again in 2 or 3 hours.

At last nights meeting a program friend who works at a local university asked me to participate in a 'dream study' involving current and recovering alcoholics and addicts. (Hmmm... careful what you ask for....some of the stuff I've dreamt could cause nightmares for whoever is compiling the data for the study.) When I told her I don't typically remember the content of my dreams she said she'd been the same until she asked it to be unblocked - then it came in reams. So, I'll ask and see what happens.

My g'friend Audrey and I spent some time going through pictures of Zeph and the trip. As she handed the pictures back she asked, 'How do you suppose that trip would have been if you'd continued drinking or, would it even have happened?' Good point Audrey. It's just 2 weeks until she gets her 50 year medallion; it'll be huge; it'll be packed. I've invited Lynda to go.

Lynda spent the day Saturday with a Trinidadian friend of hers and on her way home dropped by my place for an hour, a glass of wine, and to leave me a roti. Things are looking up; she called for a half hour chat after we'd returned from the meeting. She says we're getting a long overdue visit from l'il Owen next weekend. Woo-Hoo!!

....and if this post seems a mindless ramble .... I had a brief seizure earlier that has left me feeling a bit loggy. Thankfully it was mild and they've been rare in the last few months.... can't recall when the last one was actually. Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home