Saturday, September 29, 2007

Updater

I was on the line to Sarah earlier on today to let her know we'd made it home alright and to check in on Zeph. Apparently we didn't spoil him too badly; he slipped back into his routine pretty readily. We'd talked for awhile and then she zinged me with the question; So, what's going on with you two anyway? 'Whatd'yamean?' You were together every waking moment for 6 days and got on just like you always did. Why the hell are you apart? 'Hmmm...good question Sarah. Maybe you should ask Lynda that one.'

It was nice to see Lynda back in her natural element again - tending to a baby. She is able to read infants better than any woman I've ever met. Should have been like her mother and had 16 of them. Such a waste of intuitive talent.

I also had a quick talk with my manager - he needs me to cover my regular rotation next week so I'll be working 10 nights in a row; 100+ hours. Ouch. Hurt me! There might be some day shifts to do the following week.

In between there, through the afternoon, I managed to get my place sorted out - laundry & dusting done, floors swept, dishes done and away, dinner cooked. Then it was over to the house for a quick hour long visit with Lynda. In Vancouver I'd bought her a bell to hang on the side patio and she had it up already. It has a half dozen different coloured ribbons which are about 6 feet long attached to the clapper and as it was a windy day they kept getting all tangled. We re-hung it in a more sheltered spot. While we were out west I spent a little more money on myself and bought a cut quartz pendant and a silver chain to put it on. The pendant is intended for hypnosis or meditation but I thought it would do as a piece of jewelry.

One evening during our visit we watched disc one of the David Gilmour DVD (yes, I took it with me!!). Sarah got a little bitched at having to watch the rock geezers but Daniel enjoyed it. The princess of punk has a hard time with songs that have melody and harmony.

Oops, gotta go!! Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home