Sunday, October 07, 2007

L'il 'O'

Owen's Dad brought him out for a visit and arrived early Friday, beating the holiday weekend traffic. As I don't have to be at work until a bit later on Fridays I managed to get a few hours with him that evening and a very brief half hour Saturday before coming in once again. He's a little over 3 1/2 and has become quite the little character - I love the ways in which his complexities of expression are coming forth.

Friday evening we had a blast running around in the yard, chasing one another and jumping around. Digging in the dirt and blowing the fuzzy seeds from dandelions. Saturday he asked when and where I sleep so I told him one of those little white lies. 'So you don't have to try to be quiet while I sleep I go to another house, another bed and sleep there before I come to see you.' "Thank you, Pops." 'You're welcome, O.'

Until Lynda and I have a better read on whether this split is temporary or not we don't see any point in upsetting his take on the world.

On my way out the door tonight Lynda invited me to swing by the house in the morning to spend some time with him once he gets up and before I crash. I might have to tickle him awake if he takes too, too long......like more than 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home