Thursday, October 04, 2007

Crazy Daze

I guess I'd managed to thoroughly exhaust myself cuz I went bed as soon as I arrived home yesterday morning and slept for 10 1/2 hours. Awesome!! Except I came awake with a start realizing I had to be back here at work in a little over an hours time. Rush, rush, aahhh.... made it!

It took quite a while to get fully with it; probably until we returned from our outside meeting. I had a good laugh while fielding a call from a very drunken woman who was asking for treatment information. After providing that to her we continued talking and then the conversation quickly got twisted when she started trying to pick me up over the phone. No, I'm not really interested in your age, your figure or your sex life - thanks anyway. We laughed and wished each other well.

Thankfully tonight has been a quiet one and I was able to get the work out of the way quickly. Did a check in call with Sarah about Zeph and he's doing great - closing in on the 12 pound mark. Daniel got word he'd been hired for a new job he applied for.

I was scanning back through the blog and noticed how sparse the pictures are. All that does is make me anxious to get the new computer and have it up and running. It'd sure make things a lot easier. One thing about the days getting shorter is that I'm taking even fewer pictures that I was before - I haven't seen much daylight lately. The fall colour change is awful this year with the leaves yellowing, turning brown and simply falling. Any shows of brilliant reds or oranges are few and far between. Temperatures have been mild and we're to get a warm weekend (for this time of year getting into the high 70's) so the colour situation might be better once we get frost - if there are any leaves left by then.

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving - a month ahead of our American neighbours - so it's time to reflect on all we have to be grateful for once again. That list will be 'bountiful'; it wouldn't take long to make it a long one for me. I hope yours is too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Norm. :)

It's been a very bountiful year for me too. You've reminded me that I stopped doing my Wednesday Wonders list. I should get back to that.

Among the things I'd list would be "meeting" you in this past year. :)

6:48 PM, October 06, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

I sometimes need a nudge; a reminder to be grateful.

You're right up there on my list, too. Good to 'know' you. :)

12:42 AM, October 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home