Sunday, November 11, 2007

Catch My Breath

Sunday night - in after a full weekend of fun and work. So much so that I had no time to review material for work sessions tomorrow.

Last night we went to see Lions For Lambs and I started writing a review but..... I have mixed feelings about it. Streep and Redford turned in solid performances; the story lines held our interest but....at 90 minutes it was way too short for what they were trying to convey. We were startled by the abrupt ending feeling like half the story had been told; wanting more.

Today we worked - that job we do each weekend; then back to the house for some yard work, cleaning out the garage and putting dinner together. After dinner Lynda got changed into some PJ's and I asked her, 'Have you forgotten you have to drive me home?' Aarrgghh! Ordinarily I have my car but she'd picked me up yesterday to go look at some furniture she wants and we never made it back here to get it.

As I was exiting the car she asked why I'd seemed down this weekend. 'Me? Down?' Little things, I told her, of little consequence. And big things, large issues, huge questions that I have no solutions to right now...they're beyond me and my ken. "You have people all about you who care, you know.' Yes, hon...I know you do...g'night doll.

Faith isn't a passive state of being; it is action.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering about that film. The ads make it look interesting.

10:49 AM, November 14, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

If you like the leads you should enjoy the performances. We wanted more....of everything.

5:17 PM, November 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home