Monday, November 12, 2007

End Of Day

After a full day at work I hustled home, nuked dinner, ate and headed for the hall to set up for our meeting. On the way there I called Mom to wish her a happy birthday; it sounds like she'd had calls from most everyone she's acquainted with. Cauliflower ear. An 83 year old ear.

The meeting itself was a good one; our lone female member got up and spoke and did a really good job of it. Once again a few of us hung in afterward, first in the hall, then moving down to the parking lot for a good long yack.

I've been in for about an hour and checked in with Lynda. She had a close call at work today. She fell, tucked and rolled but still has a very sore wrist & hand and a swollen ankle. Very lucky - she could have broken her neck. Since then I've got myself packed and prepared for this 26 hour sleep over shift tomorrow into Wednesday morning. Oh joy, oh bliss. Actually it shouldn't be bad; there is just one admission booked and one planned discharge. Straightforward and easy.

Because of ongoing computer problems I'm limited in what I can do here which means few / no pictures. There doesn't seem to be an easy fix other than buying a new one and there are some sound reasons I'm reluctant to do that. For now I'll suffer along as is.

Time for some rest. Check by when you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home