Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Evening Musings

There has been lots going on...seemingly, like always. Friday was another roller coaster of moods; up for the early part of the day until late afternoon, then into the pit for the balance of the day. Episodes like that would be easier to take if there was clear cause - there wasn't. Brutal.

Saturday I was up early and out of here so Lynda and I could get 'that' weekly job out of the way, then some shopping and back to the house to clean ourselves up. It was the day for the clan gathering in downtown Toronto. My oldest brother was in town for a conference accompanied by his wife. Both their daughters drove into town avec spouses and kids. I drove Lynda, sis Linda and Mom. This year our middle bro and his wife weren't able to make it. The lot of us enjoyed a precious few hours together feasting and talking.

Today Lynda and I were up early again to take Mom to the small town were she and Dad had been living up until he died so she could lay a wreath at his gravesite. It's also the town Lynda is from and her father is buried in the same cemetery. It was a cold clear day with a steady breeze so we didn't visit there for long. We headed a short distance up the road for a quick visit with Lynda's mom, Mother Mary, before coming back to town. I had to be back for an AA committee meeting.

One of my neighbours belongs to the same committee and he asked if I'd been around for all the excitement Saturday night. 'No, what's happening??' A stabbing, blood everywhere - killed him. He had few details other than the guy died of his wounds and that after a search the assailant had been captured. On tonight's news they disclosed a 24 year old had gotten into a fight with his 23 year old brother; the younger one is now dead, his older brother charged with murder. I made a quick stop here earlier today after the meeting and the police forensics van was still here working inside a huge police taped area. I'm very glad I wasn't around when that was going down so close to home, perhaps a hundred feet away.

I had stopped here to pick up some tools and I got some things done for Lynda; hung a couple of pictures and a floating shelf she'd bought. Not the handiest guy around but I'll do in a pinch.

Things will be hit and miss here again for the next few days, what with work, meetings, 'other' work, 'on the side' work and work around the house. Hmmm... must schedule some fun in there sometime soon, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home