Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Laying Low......

.... and trying to shake this damned cold. I think the bronchitis part of it is gone but now I'm stuck with the worst head cold I can remember. My nose runneth over...... sore ears, throat, blah, blah, blah..... (whine bag).

I had intended to come home last night but Lynda wanted my car today to get my sister Linda to the hospital. She was supposed to have a day surgery and be released late today but they had to really slice her open and will keep her a couple of days. After Lynda arrived back at the house we gallivanted (doncha just love that word?) around town for a couple of hours but I quickly ran out of steam after lunch, bailed out and came home to bed. My favourite 'too sick to do anything else' video went into the machine - 'Babe' - and I alternated between watching and snoozing; all the while sniffling.

I hadn't missed any of my commitments until last night when I chose not to attend my home group - first time I'd missed that in ages. Today I called and cancelled tonights session with young 'Woody' and I'm hoping to combine a meeting tomorrow with he and his new probation officer with an outing. Just as I was heading up to bed earlier my assistant manager called to ask if I would work a day shift tomorrow and one of those long sleep over shifts Thursday. I begged off for tomorrow in order to rest but told him I'd see him Thursday a.m.

What else is taking up head space?? Well, the democratic and republican hopefuls involved in the primaries south of the border are getting a lot of talk - especially Hillary and Obama. I'm not informed enough as yet to really have a favourite but do appreciate Hillary's profile and record.

In terms of entertainment, the only new thing I have is the Eagles latest release 'Long Road Out Of Eden' and I love it - highly recommend it. I keep listening to it over and over and continue to be amazed with the intricacies of it. Beautiful........

While we were out today Lynda and I had a bunch of pictures printed to send to Sarah, Daniel and Zeph from their Xmas trip here. Along with some clothes we bought for Zeph, they'll be parcelled up and posted tomorrow. I'll have to get onto Sarah and see if she has any recent ones to send our way - which I will share, of course, as any proud Papa would.

Time for another hot cuppa, aspirin and bed. Later.....

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home