Monday, January 28, 2008

Still Out Here.....

.....in the blogosphere; just not too active of late.

Funny how this cold didn't seem to be bothering me as much when my life was full and frantic. It has hung on for over two weeks and my bathroom looks like a drugstore. Last week it turned into bronchitis and I was prescribed antibiotics and a couple of puffers so I've used them in conjunction with decongestants and ibuprofen for the accompanying discomforts. Since I've been relieved of my work responsibilities I've taken to giving myself a break at midday and lying down for a rest.

Work - yes, I'm still deciding whether to resign myself to going back to nightwalk or not. As Lynda so kindly reminded me over the weekend, I still have a mortgage that needs to be paid. Thanks, hon. If I'm going back to that I'll have to make a call to my boss to arrange that to be set up as it involves a co-worker getting bumped from the spot. A few minutes ago I sent off one CV and cover letter to a local mental health agency to one contact I have in hopes they can use me. There is another counselling agency and withdrawal management centre that I can apply to locally so I'll get on that task this morning.

Yesterday there was a gathering of the clan - Lynda got her sons together to inform them of our plans to get back together. I absented myself so they would have free rein to express themselves, for good or ill, and apparently there really wasn't an awful lot said. 'It's up to you two what you do with your lives.' I headed back over afterward in order to have some time with Owen and play 'Thomas the Train Bingo'. He high fives everyone every time he get to cover a number - does jumping jacks when he gets a full card!!

Getting back to Lynda - things are still pretty abstract as yet and we still have to see how this develops but we're certainly headed in the right direction. I'm happy in that I haven't tried to coerce, persuade.....or any of that other sort of negative management of another. I've simply tried to be consistent in my messages to her about how I feel, proposed ideas and perspective for her consideration and let her make up her own mind. That is what has lead us to this point. We still have to look at a couple of specific issues and talk about overall expectations of each other in this renewed life together. There has been a lot of prayer and guidance at work here between ourselves and also from family, friends and significant others (like you out THERE). Thanks for your input and care; I appreciate your ongoing support and aid.

With having been ill there are a number of people I haven't been in touch with - some close, some afar......but I intend to pick up my end and get on those connections once again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home