Thursday, January 24, 2008

Screeching Halt....

......the inevitable has happened without warning.

The counsellor that I was relieving had his licence re-instated yesterday and appeared out of the blue at work this morning to see when his next scheduled shift would be. Suddenly he is back in the rotation next Monday; I'm at loose ends. Thankfully I managed to handle the day with a modicum of grace.

I have the option of returning to nightwalk or looking elsewhere. The last hour has been spent surfing all the usual job sites and tomorrow will be spent hitting on my contacts.

I'm off to a meeting in hopes of hearing something I need to hear today.

One door closes; another opens.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

oh
that's a bit rude!
i guess you're not keen on getting back into the nightshift stuff
is there much available in your line of work at the moment?

11:06 PM, January 24, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

hmmm.....rude.....yeah.....

There isn't much work out there but I'm on the job tracking postings down.

Vancouver...here I come??

11:44 PM, January 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home